Thursday, March 31, 2005

CHEKIT: Sin CIty


So the NYT didn't like it. But The Onion and Roger did. I dunno what to think. All I know is that I've got an office fulla my fellow enthusiasts and folks from all over doing the math: Robert Rodriguez - Spy Kids + Frank Miller + Quentin Tarantino + Jessica Alba = the good-n-hotness. (And Rory from Gilmore Girls, too! (Though I'm pretty sure that if this was an Amy Sherman-Palladino shindig, it'd would have less castrations and more Carole King.)) When I check the sums, it makes sense on paper. So here's to hoping there's substance beneath all the style, And body glitter. And blood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, who cares whether or not it's the dramatic event of the century...the real question is, is it FUN? I'm sure it will be more fun than Bloodwork..."wink" "wink"
I didn't actually read the reviews, merely the headlines of the reviews - I agree that it's interesting that Ebert and the NYT did not agree. I've noticed that Ebert tends to be a bit of an action junkie...