Thursday, May 19, 2005

CHEKIT: Television Without Pity.


Like your television criticism a little snarky? Like your discussions about "The Amazing Race" to lean a little towards the nitpicky side of things? Then follow my friend Weeble's advice and get down with the kids at TWoP, or, as she puts it, "Free crack for TV addicts":
I love that the message boards are put together intelligently so that even the fangirls (and boys) have to write in full sentences and explain why they love a show or character without resorting to "!!!!!" or saucy emoticons. I love that it's a place I can go to talk about shows in which I am very invested but which none of my friends watch. I love that the recaps give me so much detail that even when I have no access to a show (and I currently have no way to watch Deadwood, one of the best shows in television), I can read the TwoP summary and feel like I'm watching the show in my head. And I love that reading and adding to the discussions on the site make me feel like my television watching is active and not passive for my brain (e.g. trying to figure out who killed Lilly Kane on Veronica Mars, or what the hell is going on with the hatch on Lost, or why (why!) does the O.C. suck so much this year!?) * that way I don't have to feel guilty about the many, many years of my life I have given over to the small square object in my living room...
I'm a big fan of the work they've done with this show and this show. And soon, you will be, too.

No comments: