Monday, October 23, 2006

MUZIK:The PosTunes Project


Okay. Think about this, Dispatches readers:

Hypothetically, let's say you and a bunch of your friends read a blog called, oh, I dunno - Mismatches. And let's say that the guy writing this blog (who is also your friend) made you guys a proposition: each of you would send him a burnt CD (or the downloadable archived equivalent) of some choice music (whether it be an album or a mix of your own) and in return (once he gets, oh, say, 20 responses) he mails back, to everyone involved, a double-data-disc set of all the music he received, along with all the marvelous, nerdy liner notes his marvelous, nerdy friends woulda sent in. Yes, it would take some time, and yes, he'd be out the cash for the postage. But he (and all of the blog's readers) would get to experience all the wonderful, disparate selections sent in. It would be time well spent.

Would that be something you'd be interested in? Hmmm?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think that would be awesome. I loved your recent mix--it really exposed me to some great artists that I would have never heard about. I've ended up seeing Beirut twice (yes, twice) at The Empty Bottle since I got it.

Anyway, you know how to reach me if this project gets going. I'd even chip in a couple extra bucks to help out with production costs & shipping. :-)