Monday, April 11, 2005

CHEKIT: P is for Proust


Mike from ProgressiveBoink sounds like he loves Sesame Street as much as I know you and I do:
I watched & enjoyed the living crap out of this show far longer than I should have. It's become a part of me that I couldn't get rid of if I wanted to. I blame my mother. She teaches preschool, & as a result, she can often be found wandering around the house, singing her little preschool songs, at least half of which are from Sesame Street. And now, I've picked up this habit. Not out loud, but in my head. When I was doing the spring design, with the rain background, I had that "It's a rainy day" song as mental background music. Sesame Street has made a Pavlov's dog out of me. I can't avoid it. It's part of my subconscious now. I can't go food shopping without having "a loaf of bread, a container of milk, & a stick of butter" repeating in my frigging head. I'll be 85 years old, & permitting that my dentures are strong enough, I'll still bite into a cookie in such a way that it looks like the letter C without even realizing what I'm doing. And if that's my fate, that's good enough for me.
And even though it looks like Cookie Monster has got his blue ass into a 12-step program (complete with nutritionist), let's hope there will always be sunny days keeping the clouds away. [via BoingBoing]

No comments: