Tuesday, February 21, 2006

CHEKIT: Olympic Hotness


...and I ain't talkin' about the flame, baby.

Much is often made of the tastiness of Olympic athletes, but whether it's the proliferation of internet coverage on the subject or a worldwide increase in competitor hotness, the 2006 shindig in Turin will go down as the year America fielded what is widely regarded as the best-looking - if not the most medal-worthy - team in history. I mean, Bode's suckin' it up, the hockey team got beat down again, and even our women curlers have been knocked out of medal contention. What else do we have to do but savor our dominance in all things snowboard and watch the final round of Ice Dancing and thank our Republican congress that they finally passed a measure that I can, unreservedly, get behind.

Tanith, Tanith, Tanith. You're gonna melt a hole RIGHT THROUGH THE ICE Congrats on your silver medal - to you and whats-his-face.

And don't tell me that I'm being nasty, female Dispatches readers. I've got her, the Johnson sisters, and Jessica Schultz. You ladies have all this and more.

No comments: