Tuesday, June 21, 2005

MUZIK: Today is the greatest day Joe's ever known.


The guns of the S.S. Dispatches turn towards Omaha, and Commander Billy Corgan fires the following post directly at our friend Joe:
Today is a special day in my life as it marks the release of my very first solo album TheFutureEmbrace. For over 17 years I have been proud to represent Chicago as an artist through my words and music, and am continually humbled by the undying love that I have been shown from this city as one of its native sons...

When I played the final Smashing Pumpkins show on the night of December 2, 2000, I walked off the Metro stage believing that I was forever leaving a piece of my life behind. I naively tried to start a new band, but found that my heart wasn't in it. I moved away to pursue a love that I once had but got lost. So I moved back home to heal what was broken in me, and to my surprise I found what I was looking for. I found that my heart is in Chicago, and that my heart is in The Smashing Pumpkins.

For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive The Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams. In this desire I feel I have come home again.

Joe? Joe? You cracked your head on the floor there pretty hard just now. Are you okay? Joe? Wake UP, Joe!

The news is made all the more sweet by the smoke he was blowing up EW's ass just a few weeks ago.

[via Stereogum]

No comments: